200 hrs Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training In India
Course OverviewThe 200 hrs Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training in India aims to offer a comprehensive study of asanas, pranayama, meditation, and teaching methodologies that will facilitate the students with the in-depth knowledge and experience needed to correctly perform and teach injury free Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Primary Series based on Iyengar’s Alignment Principles. Our Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Trainings in India(YTTC) are a thoroughly transforming experience which incorporates yoga training into a student’s daily lifestyle. It takes your yoga practice to a more meaningful level and helps you acquire the ability to teach others about the wonderful therapeutic benefits of yoga. The experience you will get learning to teach Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga based on Iyengar’s alignment with us is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity at our Morjim center in Goa! Not only will you get the chance to meet and connect with other like-minded people that are starting on the same yoga journey as you, you will also get the chance to learn from the best that will also help you improve your own health and well being. The knowledge and advice you gain about practicing yoga with correct alignment from our teachers will help you deepen your understanding and practice of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga. Each day you will get stronger and feel more energetic, which you will be able to maintain for the rest of your life. Apart from the physical practice, the course also focuses on other important subjects like philosophy, anatomy, physiology, kriyas, mantras etc. to give you a complete holistic study on the subject of traditional Ashtanga Yoga so that you will have the tools so you can share your experience and knowledge that can change the lives of others too. The teacher training course is duly accredited by Yoga Alliance US and Yoga Alliance Professionals (UK), which is a certification that is accepted worldwide to teach yoga.
Our Mission And Course ObjectivesOur main mission is to transform passionate yoga students into highly qualified teachers. If teachers show a deep love and connection with what they do, students will be more likely to follow in their footsteps and loop up to them as inspiration. We aim to deliver the practical skills and knowledge that will help teachers to grow a successful career in the world of yoga and help spread the message everywhere. We have very high curriculum standards and strive for excellence and quality in everything that we do. The main aim of this course will equip future teachers to be completely autonomous and ready to run their own classes at the highest standards.
Who can Participate in this course?If you are worried about not having the necessary experience or don’t plan on teaching after the Ashtanga Yoga teacher training in India, then consider the following:
- The most important thing is that your level of practice is more focused on your desire to learn and your passion for yoga.
- We have students that come with a history of practicing 3 months to students who have been practicing for years. If you are open to learning and have a positive attitude then you are perfect for the course.
- Anyone who wishes to do an in-depth study of Asanas and Pranayama, Meditation and Yoga philosophy or would like to share the benefits of this practice with others should feel free to apply for this course.
- If you plan to teach in UK, then as per Yoga Alliance Professionals, you are expected to have a minimum of 2 years of experience. For Yoga Alliance US, they expect a minimum of 3-6 months of yoga practice. However, even after that if you feel not ready for the course then we recommend to attend one of our 5 day Ashtanga yoga retreats in Goa first.
Why Participate in our Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training In Goa?
- The beautiful location of our Morjim center in Goa gives one the opportunity to connect on a deeper level in the serenity of nature.
- It is away from the busy rat-race life style of the city, assisting individuals to completely switch off and learn the subject of yoga on a deeper level.
- The course is specifically designed to fit everyone’s needs so there are no limits to individuals who want to participate.
- The course is registered with internationally recognized Yoga Alliance and can register as certified teachers upon successful completion.
- The course is run by a group of highly qualified and certified teachers with years of teaching experience behind them. They will always be available for support and assistance during the entire course period.
200 hrs Yoga Teacher Training in Goa, India Dates and FeesStarting from 2200 USD | 21 Days | Goa, India
|October-November 2018||24th October – 13th November|
|November – December2018||15th November – 5th December|
|December 2018||7th December – 27th December|
|December 2018 – January 2019||21st December- 10th January|
|January – February 2019||12th January – 1st February|
|February 2019||3rd February – 23rd February|
|February-March 2019||25th February – 17th March|
|March – April 2019||19th March – 8th April|
|April 2019||10th April – 30th April|
|May 2019||2nd May – 22nd May|
Course Syllabus (According to Yoga Alliance)We follow the syllabus set by Yoga Alliance Professionals for Registered Yoga School and incorporate training hours in the following modules:
1. Techniques, Training and Practice
- Learning to master and teach Ashtanga Vinyasa Primary Series
- Theory and Practice of Mantras, Kriyas, Pranayamas and various techniques of Meditation
- Asana practice is focused on developing the quality of body alignment, observation and sharpening awareness of deeper physiological processes while performing an Asana.
2. Teaching Methodology
- Learning the art of alignment and hands-on adjustments with the help of props
- Workshops on the demonstration of Asanas, Restorative Yoga, Yoga for specific groups and Yoga to deal with common ailments like joint pain, back pain, thyroid, diabetes, etc.
- Qualities and Conduct of a Teacher while leading a class
- Business Skills – How to promote your Yoga business in the world of Web Marketing
- Conducting Vinyasa Flow led classes with a touch of personal creativity
3. Anatomy and Physiology
- Learning about the musculoskeletal system with focus on bones, ligaments, origin & insertions of muscles with nerve supply.
- Basic Overview of the structure and functions (Anatomy and Physiology) of different systems in the human body.
- Anatomy of Pranayama with focus on Energy Systems, Chakras, Energy Bodies and the Cardiovascular System.
- Practical Application of Anatomy and Physiology to Yoga Practices.
4. Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers
- Minimum decency codes for Yoga teachers (Vegetarianism)
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali – Samadhi and Sadhana (Chapter 1 & 2)
- Bhagavad Gita – Dhyana Yoga (Chapter 6)
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika (inc. Kriyas)
- Meditations from Vigyan Bhairav Tantra Text
- Ethics mentioned in Yogic Scriptures for Yoga Practitioners and Teachers
- Leading Ashtanga Vinyasa Primary Series class
- Creating and leading a Vinyasa Flow Led class
- Assisting Lead Trainers, observing and receiving feedback accordingly
6. Tutorials, Assignment and Exam
- Students will be required to engage in self-study and submit daily & weekly assignments on the basis of the day’s lectures and discussions.
- There will be a practical and a theory exam at the end of the course to assess the students on their learning, practice and teaching during the Teacher Training Course.
What Will Your Day Be Like?
- Every morning of your 200 hrs Ashtanga yoga teacher training in India will start with a pranayama or a kriya class, which is focused on different breathing techniques. It will provide a good foundation for the Ashtanga Vinyasa flow class.
- At the start of your yoga teacher training in India, the Ashtanga Vinyasa class is led by senior teachers and in the later weeks later students will do their own self practice Mysore style.
- The subject of classes in the middle of the day changes every week; going from philosophy, through anatomy up to Physiology.
- Teaching Methodology starts every day in the afternoon. Students will learn all postures in detail not only to enhance their own personal practice but mostly to help others.
- Afternoon classes consist of other styles like yin, hatha or restorative yoga.
- The day is concluded with guided evening meditation.
- From the third week of the 200 hrs Ashtanga yoga TTC, students actively participate in teaching as well as adjusting others during the classes.
- The Practicums allows students and future yoga teachers the best opportunity to learn how to teach in a very supportive, open and safe environment.
- After finishing Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training in India, students are trained as well as confident enough to act as yoga teachers and lead classes confidently.
What is included in the course fees?
- Study material and teacher training course manual.
- Three yogi vegetarian meals per day (except Saturday dinner and Sundays.) Students are free to eat at the various vegetarian restaurants around with delicious options).
- Private or Shared accommodation
- We provide airport pick- up/drop assistance however, airport pick- up/drop assistance is NOT included in our fees.
What to bring?
- Personal Yoga mat
- Laptop or iPad
- Yoga clothes (not too loose, body lines should be clear)
- Warm shawl or covering for early morning meditation
- Personal items like toiletries and medication
- A Photocopy of your Passport and Visa documents
- The Ashtanga Yoga course fee starts from 2099 USD depending on the choice of your course and options.
- A booking fee of USD 300 (part of the total amount) is due with the application through bank transfer or paypal.
- The balance amount must be paid in cash on arrival at our Center or transferred to the account directly before arrival.
- The whole amount can also be paid at once. Then the booking fee does not have to be paid separately.
- All the booking fee, course fee, price for accommodation and meals are strictly non-refundable. In case, you need to postpone due to some emergency, you can shift your application only once to a future date, within a year.
|Meditation, Pranayama, Mantra and Kriya|
|Ashtanga Vinyasa Primary Series Class|
|Theory: Yoga Philosophy / Anatomy and Physiology|
|Lunch, Assignment and Rest|
|Workshops On Teaching Methodology; Alignment and Adjustment|
|Free Flow Led Class|